A 24-hour therapeutic program which includes the modalities of individual therapy, process and specialty groups, family therapy, psychiatric evaluation, nursing services, medication monitoring, special education, recreational therapy and milieu therapy.
HIGHLY INDIVIDUALIZED TREATMENT PLANS
We are able to treat severely disturbed children and adolescents with a variety of diagnoses and at-risk behaviors, in a safe, structured and therapeutic environment. This is in part made possible because of the strength of the overall treatment planning process. Oak Grove prides itself on the design, development and implementation of unique, creative and highly individualized treatment plans.
We work towards the development of specific, focused, measurable and outcome-oriented treatment objectives. Therapeutic interventions designed to decrease problem behaviors are based on the child’s or adolescent’s problems, dynamics, needs, and recommendations from various assessments.
A broad therapeutic repertoire of interventions, including cognitive, dynamic, behavioral, pharmacologic, family – oriented and solution-focused therapy are utilized. The specific interventions are based on the needs of the child, his/her clinical status, and developmental level. Oak Grove’s rich clinical program and the inclusion of multiple disciplines in the formation of the treatment plan allow for treatment of more psychiatrically disturbed children and adolescents.
These children and their families are afforded the opportunity for growth, healing, learning alternative coping skills and improving relationships, while decreasing maladaptive behaviors. The treatment plans are designed in a manner that promotes this focus. The Therapist/Case Manager is responsible for incorporating suggestions and recommendations from the multidisciplinary team, as well family members into the treatment planning process and provision of ongoing care.
A comprehensive therapeutic program which includes individual, group, and family therapy. All therapy is provided by licensed or license eligible therapists. Therapeutic interventions are individualized and may include DBT, CBT, skill building, solution focused problem solving, and a variety of other evidenced based practices. Each resident is assigned a case manager/primary therapist who coordinates the individual’s treatment program from admission through discharge.
THERAPY AND SERVICES
A number of related services are part of the treatment program, including, recreation and activity therapy, specialty groups dealing with topics such as: eating disorders, sexual abuse, physical abuse, anger control training, social skills, assertiveness training, grief and loss, self injurious behaviors, anxiety, mood management, coping skills, conflict resolution, goal setting, Art therapy, and drug/alcohol education. We also provide on-site vocational education and guidance, special diets and an independent living skills program. Management for medical and neurological conditions may also be provided.
- Residents are provided with structured workshops and one-on-one sessions with a drug and alcohol counselor to assist them with adapting early recovery skills and creating a individualized Relapse Prevention Plan.
- Residents are introduced to a comprehensive curriculum that provides basic educational information pertaining to the psychological and physiological effects of substance abuse.
- Residents learn about the benefits and challenges of 12-step programs and alternatives to 12-step meetings such as mutual help groups, including how to access meetings in their local areas.
- Residents learn about the important role that trust plays in recovery and how they can begin to repair damaged relationships.
- We work with residents who can become peer leaders and role models for their peers.
- Residents are provided an opportunity to attend community based Twelve-Step groups and workshops to meet individual needs including NA, AA, Alateen, and Alanon.