We invite you to explore volunteering with Oak Grove in 1 of the following ways:
- Project and Special Event Volunteer
- Makeover Rooms and Service Projects
- Ice Cream Social (Third Monday of the Month at 6:30pm)
- Holiday Parties
- Special Reward Celebrations and Incentives (to encourage and motivate both academics and overall growth in the program, as well as celebrate milestones for our children who do not have families or our especially challenging children)
- Event Committees (Rock the Oaks, An Evening Under the Oaks Dinner and Auction or Golf Tournament, So Cal Chef Open, Rod Run)
- Activity Volunteer (Share a talent through a short term workshop)
- Classroom Volunteer
- Reading Buddies and Mentors
If you are interested in becoming an Activity Volunteer, Classroom Volunteer, Reading Buddy or Mentor, please contact Kathryn Kelly or leave a message at 951-677-5599 ext 2256.
Our Current Openings for Activity Volunteers are:
- Dorm A, Girls: No Current Openings
- Dorm B, Co-Ed: Knitting Mondays 6-7; Craft Class Every Other Friday 4-5 Boys Model Making Thursdays either 4-5 or 5-6
- Dorm C, Boys: Hobby Club, Model Making, Music or Art Lessons, Craft Lessons 4-5pm any weekday
Mentors help Oak Grove in providing the highest quality of care to emotionally disturbed, abused and neglected children and youth. Through their efforts, mentors provide services to an assigned resident or dorm. Working with emotionally disturbed, abused, and neglected children is extremely challenging, yet rewarding. Mentors wishing to work directly with our residents must be at least 21 years of age, willing to make a commitment of at least six months, undergo extensive screening and attend orientation and training sessions. For more information on Mentoring Opportunities please contact the Human Resources Department at (951) 677-5599 ext 2229. Please be aware due to the unique demands of this position, there is often a waiting list and we prioritize those individuals who have contributed in some capacity as a Volunteer prior to applying to be a Mentor. Due to the volume of inquiries, and the nature of our program, we regret that we can only respond to those individuals who best meet the needs of our Department of Children Services youth.